- Reduce your hot water use
- Lower your water heating temperature
- Insulate your water heater tank
- Insulate hot water pipes
- Install heat traps on a water heater tank
- Install a timer and use off-peak power for an electric water heater
- Install a drain-water heat recovery system.
If you haven’t already, you can save energy and money by installing a new, moreenergy-efficient water heater in your home.
- Top 10 Ways to Prepare a Home for Winter (prweb.com)
- Energy Efficient Hot Water Heaters (energyconsciousconsultant.com)
- Saving on hot-water use (seattletimes.nwsource.com)